1. SPIRITUAL MATTERS
2. CLASSIFIEDS (new or corrected)
CLASSIFIED ADS. Free classified ads are published on Fridays. The deadline is Wednesday at 5. Please submit ads by using the Submit News page. Include who, what, where, when, & how, contact information and the final Friday date for posting your ad (shown by the date at the end of the ad, for example, 3/17), and under 50 words if possible. This service is limited to Sherman County. Links are welcome. Please share your Thank You and Congratulatory Notes and Joyful News (anniversaries, achievements, awards, births, birthdays, graduations, weddings, etc.) here. No posters or flyers.
NEWS RELEASES. Please submit event and information news, meeting notices and calendar dates by using the Submit News page. Include who, what, where, when, how & why with contact or source information. As appropriate, follow up with news of event results. Links are welcome. No posters or flyers. Keep it relevant, no longer than 350 words.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. We encourage letters to the Editor that focus on ideas and opinions about public issues and events rather than personalities or private matters. We reserve the right to change policies at any time and to reject or edit any Letter to the Editor.
- Keep it short, no longer than 350 words.
- Keep it simple with one or two clear points. No attachments.
- Keep it fresh with no more than one letter per writer per month.
- Keep it civilized, in good taste and free from libel.
- Keep it relevant; focus on a local event, previous letter or issues of general concern – not personalities.
- Letters must be signed, name and town. Anonymous letters will not be posted.
- Please submit Letters to the Editor by using the Submit News page.
THANK YOU & CONGRATULATORY NOTES:
THANK YOU, TIMES-JOURNAL CREW! The Times-Journal – a weekly serving Wheeler, Gilliam & Sherman counties, P.O. Box 746, Condon, OR 97823 | Ph. 541-384-2421 | Fax 541-384-2411 email@example.com $37.50/year; $47.50 for beyond this area. Sherman County eNews highly recommends our participation and subscriptions! ~The Editor.
Kudos to Chris and Carrie Kaseberg and their entire crew … Gail Macnab, Jonathan and Kalie Rolfe and the Sherman County Historical Society sponsors for the fundraising gala on the 14th. They thought of everything to provide a memorable afternoon and evening. It is wonderful to see the younger generation volunteering and interested in keeping our museum funded. Thank you, everyone! ~Dorothy Benson, Moro
THANK YOU! The Sherman County Historical Society would like to send out a BIG thank you to all the individuals and businesses that supported “A Night at the Museum” on Saturday, Sept. 14. We could not have asked for a better evening, as the weather was perfect, the food was excellent, the beer and wine were tasty and the venues were great! Thank you also to everyone who donated to the silent and oral auctions and to those who bid on the amazing items. Proceeds from this fundraiser will go towards the continual upkeep of the museum. Again, thank you from the fundraiser committee and the Sherman County Historical Society.
Appreciation can make a day – even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary. ~Margaret Cousins
COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION FUND-RAISERS:
Sherman County: For The Record Calls for Stories: AFS Exchange Students! Editor Gladys Wesley is working on the next issue of Sherman County: For The Record and needs your stories. She would like to receive stories from AFS exchange students about where they were from, their time in Sherman County, life after Sherman County and what they are doing now. She has one from Penny which was on FB and is a good example of what she is looking for. Please send the stories to Gladys at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line FTR Story. ~Sherman County Historical Society
Participate in the process of your community and country. One person can make a difference. Take a stand. Do something about it. Look hard at your larger community –it may need your specific participation. –Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey
SHERMAN COUNTY BUSINESS DIRECTORY https://www.co.sherman.or.us/businesses/
- The Times-Journal – a weekly serving Wheeler, Gilliam & Sherman counties, P.O. Box 746, Condon, OR 97823 | Ph. 541-384-2421 | Fax 541-384-2411 email@example.com $37.50/year; $47.50 for beyond this area.
- Wheeler County News, P.O. Box 190, Spray, OR 97874 firstname.lastname@example.org | wheelercountynews.com $30/year outside Wheeler County. Ph: 541-468-2112 | Fax: 541-719-8003
- The Dalles Chronicle. http://www.thedalleschronicle.com/subscribe/
- The Goldendale Sentinel. 117 W. Main St., Goldendale, WA 98620 (509) 773-3777 | email@example.com | http://www.goldendalesentinel.com/
- The Oregonian – Delivery. The Dalles Oregonian, P.O. Box 1367, The Dalles, OR 97058; 541-296-3600 firstname.lastname@example.org
- USA TODAY. Home delivery. Contact The Dalles Oregonian, P.O. Box 1367, The Dalles, OR 97058; 541-296-3600 email@example.com
- City of Wasco http://www.wascooregon.com/
- City of Moro http://www.cityofmoro.net/
- City of Grass Valley https://www.grassvalleyoregon.com/
- City of Rufus https://rufuscityhall.com/
- Eastern Oregon https://traveloregon.com/places-to-go/regions/eastern-oregon/
- John Day River Territory https://traveloregon.com/places-to-go/regions/john-day-river-territory/
- Journey Through Time Scenic Byway https://traveloregon.com/things-to-do/trip-ideas/scenic-drives/journey-through-time-scenic-byway/
- Oregon Raceway Park, Grass Valley http://oregonraceway.com/
- Sherman County https://www.co.sherman.or.us/visitors/
- Visitor Info Center | Moro http://www.shermanmuseum.org/ May-October
HOUSE. 1400 SQ Foot 3 bedroom 2 full bath; Remolded bathrooms, Heat Pump, Wood Stove; Located in the City of Grass Valley. Please call Judy 928-851-2340 or 541-370-2454.
BOOK. Now available at The Sherman County Museum Store, Jane Kirkpatrick’s brand new book, “One More River to Cross.” $15.99 | Sherman County Historical Museum | Open 10-5 May through October | 541 565 3232. 9/27
LAWN MOWER. Husqvarna 23hp riding lawn mower with 48″ mower deck, only 47 hours and new battery. $1,000 or OBO. Contact: (541) 980-3406. 9/27
SHERMAN COUNTY CLASSIFIEDS, FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/groups/1680690712181261/
SHERMAN COUNTY BUSINESS DIRECTORY https://www.co.sherman.or.us/businesses/
FOR RENT OR LEASE:
LOST OR FOUND:
YOUR STORIES. Sherman County: For The Record Calls for Stories: AFS Exchange Students! Editor Gladys Wesley is working on the next issue of Sherman County: For The Record and needs your stories. She would like to receive stories from AFS exchange students about where they were from, their time in Sherman County, life after Sherman County and what they are doing now. She has one from Penny which was on FB and is a good example of what she is looking for. Please send the stories to Gladys at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line FTR Story. ~Sherman County Historical Society
SHERMAN COUNTY ARTISTS & CRAFTERS! It is not too late sign on as an artist/vendor for the “Wasco School Events Center Presents: An Afternoon of Sherman County Talent.” This fundraiser will be held on Sunday afternoon, October 20th, and will feature local talents sharing their works. We would love to hear from a few more of the talented folks of Sherman County who would like to be a part of this event to show off their works, make contacts with potential customers and even make some sales that day! Contact Melissa Kirkpatrick at WSEC, (541-442-5778) for more information.
3. CALENDAR (new or corrected)
SHERMAN COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT EVENTS CALENDAR https://shermancountyschooldistrict.weebly.com/scsd-event-calendar.html
27 Mid-Columbia Economic Development District Board Meeting 2
27-29 Tygh Valley Bluegrass Jamboree
1 Moro City Council 7
2 Sherman County Court 9
2 All County Prayer Meeting Wasco Church of Christ social 6:30, prayer 7:00-8:30
3 Sherman County Fair Board Meeting 7
4-6 Shaniko Ragtime & Vintage Music Festival in Shaniko and Madras
5 Farmers Market 10-4 Moro
5 Car is King at Maryhill Museum 10-4
7 Lower John Day Area Commission on Transportation Meeting 10-12
7 Grass Valley City Council 7 City Hall
8 Tri-County Mental Health Board Meeting 11-2
9 Sherman County Senior & Community Center Advisory Board 12:30
9 Rufus City Council 7
9 Sherman County Scholarship Association 5:30 Library
9-13 Trailing of the Sheep, Sun Valley, Idaho
10-12 Oregon Cattlemen’s Convention, Bend
11 Community Renewable Energy Association (CREA) Board Meeting 10-1
14 COLUMBUS DAY
14 Sherman County School Board Meeting 7
15 Frontier Regional 911 Board Meeting 1:30 Condon
15 Tri-County Community Corrections Board Meeting 3:30 Gilliam County
15 Wasco City Council 7
16 Sherman County Court 9
19 Sherman County School District Hall of Honor Celebration
20 Afternoon of Sherman County Talent (art show, silent auction) 2-5 Wasco School Events Center
23 Tri-County Court Meeting 10-2 Fossil
25 Trunk or Treat 6-7 Senior Center Parking Lot, Moro
3 DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME ENDS
4 Grass Valley City Council 7
5 ELECTION DAY
5 Moro City Council 7
6 All County Prayer Meeting Kent Baptist Church social 6:30, prayer 7:00-8:30
7 Sherman County Fair Board 7
8 Community Renewable Energy Association (CREA) Board Meeting 10-1
11 VETERANS’ DAY
12 Tri-County Mental Health Board of Directors Meeting 11-2 The Dalles
12 North Central Public Health District Board of Directors Meeting 3 The Dalles
13 Rufus City Council
19-21 Association of Oregon Counties Annual Conference
20 Sherman County Court 9
28 THANKSGIVING DAY