Correction: Sherman County Fair 4-H Horse Show, Tuesday, Aug. 21
Public Notice. City of Rufus Election for Mayor and (2) Council Members
Celebrate Sherman County with your Sherman County Fair Entries
Special Sherman County Fair Contests: Pie, Table Decor & Wheelbarrow Flowers
Dale Coles Classic Car Show, BBQ & 4-H Style Show, Aug. 22
Correction: Down on the Farm Chore Contest at the County Fair, Aug. 23
Annual Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social, Aug. 16
Links: Things to Think About & Things to Do
1. Correction: Sherman County Fair 4-H Horse Show, Tuesday, Aug. 21
The 4-H Horse Show on Tuesday, August 21st at 10 a.m. includes showmanship, English & Western Equitation, Trail Horse and 4-H Gaming. 4-H exhibitors compete in age appropriate classes with required tack and attire as described in the Sherman County Fair Premium book. Trail Horse contestants will face six to ten timed obstacles to earn points for a final score. The 4-H Ranch Horse program teaches riders to safely handle their horses and cattle in working situations by successfully completing a series of advancements. 4-H Western Games on horseback, individual in nature and timed are Figure 8, Barrels, Key Race, Pole Bending and Flag Race.
2. PUBLIC NOTICE – VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
City of Rufus Election for Mayor and (2) Council Members
The City of Rufus has an open Mayor and two City Council positions available for the general election on November 6, 2018.
The volunteer position for Mayor is a two-year term.
The volunteer positions for City Council is a four-year term.
Interested citizens must have been a resident of the City of Rufus for at least the previous 12 months. Applications are available at Rufus City Hall, located at 304 W 2nd Street, Suite 100, Rufus, OR 97050. Candidates may file by paying a fee or by petition with valid signatures, all applications must be submitted before August 28, 2018. If you need further information, please contact:
City Recorder – City of Rufus
3. Celebrate Sherman County with your Sherman County Fair Entries!
Anyone can enter… just about anything… on Wednesday, August 22 & 23! Get your Sherman County Fair Premium Book at a post office or business near you! Check out www.shermancountyfairfun.com and https://www.facebook.com/shermancountyfair/ for details!
4. Special Sherman County Fair Contests: Pie, Table Decor & Wheelbarrow Flowers
- Sherman County Fair Pie Contest: County residents only. Any flavor. Judged by fair board members on appearance and taste. 1st $50, 2nd $25.
- Table Decor Contest: Set up a complete table at the Sherman County fair! Choose a theme: Holiday, Fair Theme, Kids Theme, Wild West of Fancy/Elegant. Cash prize 1st & 2nd. See the details at shermancountyfairfun.com.
- Flowers in a Wheelbarrow Contest: Decorate the fairgrounds with an old chair or wheelbarrow and add your own pretty flowers for the 6th annual competition at the Sherman County Fair. Enter on Wednesday, August 22nd! Cash prizes. See shermancountyfairfun.com.
5. Dale Coles Classic Car Show, BBQ & 4-H Style Show, Aug. 22
Entertain us with your classic car at the Sherman County Fairgrounds! Check-in at 3:30 on Wednesday, August 22nd. BBQ at 5. Awards 5:10 p.m. followed by 4-H Style Show.
6. Correction: Down on the Farm Chore Contest at the County Fair, Aug. 23
Team up for the Down on the Farm Chore Course! Contestants are the entertainment at the Sherman County Fair – the correct date is Thursday, August 23! See https://www.facebook.com/shermancountyfair/ for details.
7. Annual Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social, Aug. 16
Presented by the Friends of Goldendale Community Library
Thursday, August 16, 2018
6:00 – 8:00 pm
On the lawn of the Presby Museum
127 W. Broadway, Goldendale
Thanks for your support of our library!
FREE Ice Cream, Root Beer Floats, Watermelon
Entertainment by The Flute Troupe
8. Links: Things to Think About & Things to Do
Video: Five Reasons the Model T was Revolutionary